Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Terrible, Horrible, No Good Very Bad Day

Thursday was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.

We almost moved to Australia.

Wednesday provided a fairly nasty preamble to Thursday. We enjoyed such terrible horribleness as:

-computer updates taking 3 hours
-uploading photos to our lab taking over 2 hours for less than half the photos
-the power of our solar system going out right in the middle of the photo uploads at 8pm
-leaving us in the pitch darkness of all our off-the-gridness

And Thursday. Thursday was just a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. Some of the no good, very badness of Thursday began with:

-much tiredness

which continued headlong into:

-preparations for craft fair getting much bigger than our time
-more computer updates soaking up precious time
-hours with tech support on another issue
-more hours with the photo lab
-stresses, miscommunications, grumpiness
-another power failure, in broad daylight (energy absorbing daylight), right while the computer was on, AGAIN
-the invertor shutting off
-the charge controller apparantly dying
-five phone calls to talk to solar people
-"I'm sorry, everyone's at lunch right now"
-"Yeh, yeh, call this guy at this number because I have to go to a meeting"
-"He's lying down right now can I take a message?"
-"All circuits are busy. Please try your call again later."
-My husband finally figured out what was wrong and fixed it but it made him late to teach his guitar lessons
-mat cutting woes
-missing Mom
-and on and on it went
-did I mention grumpiness?

HOWEVER, in the midst of my mat cutting woes, I decided I was going to crawl out from under all the pressures, stresses, frustrations, and grumpinesses and refuse to let them make me fail to see God's goodness despite all the piles of frustrations. (Finally. I "finally" did this well into the afternoon.) And when I did, my mood completely changed. I changed from being infused with it all, to being apart from it. It seemed to move from inside me where it had wreaked havoc all day to outside me where I could stand apart from it and say, "Huh. I don't need to be trampled by all this stuff. God is still here. He's still Himself. He's still good. It's all OK."

It was cool.

P.S. If you haven't read the children's book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, you simply have to run out to your local bookstore, or hop on Amazon and order it. It's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment