Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Deer Farm Photos

I promised you I'd post photos of my afternoon at the Deer Park and here they are. It was a lot of fun and despite the farm's not-very-pleasing aesthetics, I still want to go again with my husband. The deer are so cute, beautiful, and fun.




Standing out in a crowd


I really liked this photo. Until Blogger turned it sideways and the red glow showed up in front of her nose.



The deer are VERY accustomed to people coming in and feeding them. The moment you walk through the gate with your cup of food (purchased at the gift shop) you get someone's attention and they make a sauntering beeline for you.



Pretty soon, here come a few more.



Before you know it, you're surrounded.



Yes, there's deer behind you, too. You pretty much can't move for fear of stepping on their dainty feet. And if you don't turn around to include the ones behind you...they'll let you know. They grab hold of your shirt tail and give it a few tugs.


And if you don't make them stop, they start to chew. And more and more of your shirt seems to crawl into their mouths.



It's gross, but I must confess that I was a rather slobbery mess by the time I left. Gross, but fun.

And sweetly beautiful:





This little guy (gal?) was one of my favorites. A young one with the sweetest face. It was rather shy, though, and I had a hard time getting a picture. This is about the best I could do.



When I first got there, the sun was really bright and casting photo-unfriendly shadows. As the sun went down some, the light became really warm and cozy.







I saved the best till last for you. There were three babies there. Three tiny, tiny, adorable fawns.






No comments:

Post a Comment