Thursday, June 17, 2010

We Interupt These Regularly Scheduled Ethiopia Posts to bring you...

....the results of my first day at a Beginning Quilting class...





We're making a small Log Cabin quilt.  It will be only about 3x4 feet.  Perfect for learning on.

Just let me say, I am in love with rotary cutters.
They are the coolest, easiest, most awesome invention for quilting.  I can't imagine cutting pieces the way they did in the "olden days".  (The olden days were probably only as far back as the 1970's but I'm not entirely sure.)

What got me off my duff after, oh, decades of saying "I'm going to make a quilt someday" was seeing a certain quilt in the shop last week.  It's called a Bullseye pattern.  I have a picture of it on my phone but have no idea how to get it out of my phone and into my computer.  It uses three concentric (love that word, concentric) circles that are top stitched together.  Then they're cut in quarters, the quarters are mixed up and sewn together on on top of a square of four quarters.  I loved it.  So now I'm taking a beginners class for $5 a session. 

Today is "someday"!

No comments:

Post a Comment