Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quilting 101 - Progress Report and I Need Your Help

Well, I've been a busy little bee in the last 5 days since my Beginning Quilting class. I had so much fun in class that I came home and continued working on my Log Cabin blocks, getting nearly finished.

Problem. Hmmm. How come my "squares" are rectangles? There's GOT to be one more fabric strip I need, but I bought as many different fabrics as I was told. There just has to be one more needed on that edge. Knowing the answer, I eventually called my teacher and she said, "Yes. You probably need one more strip to complete your square."

I went to Wal-Mart after my MUCH needed haircut and found way too many fabrics on sale for $1 per yard. Came home with one that would work well.

Oh, and I also realized that while the instructions call for - and I had been doing in the store on a borrowed sewing machine - 1/4 inch seams, well, I discovered that little piece of masking tape marking a seam width on MY machine at home...was at 3/8 inch. My squares would be too small.

Now, I could have just gone on ahead and finished it like that...and I still may, someday. But I decided to go ahead and start all over and do it right.

So... without further ado....
TA - DAAAAA!



I have all 16 blocks done.


And now

I NEED YOUR HELP!


Should I arrange them THUS....

(Arrangement A)



...or SO?

(Arrangement B)

Leave me your comments and help me decide.

THANKS!

2 comments:

  1. I'm cheering, Judy! Great work! I think I like "b" with a dark border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judi,
    I have to admire you for the patience needed in this activity. I'm with Angie on this one and have to say B.....and a dark border sounds nice.

    ReplyDelete