Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A Gorgeous Night

I went into town this afternoon. "Town" is about 25 miles away and among the three connecting towns has a combined population of, oh... I'd say 15,000. As I came out into the parking lot of my last errand around 7:30pm, the sky was greying and the unseen sun was casting a rosy peach on the underside of flat-bottomed clouds. A strong breeze moved the perfect air all around. It was so beautiful. The temperature was in that range that's just perfect - where you can't tell if it's slightly warm or slightly cool. The breeze was heavenly. I wish I could bottle it up and take it with me where ever I am. I would open it up and the whole scene would rise from the bottle and fill the room like in some magical movie. The breeze, the temperature, the swishing leaves on the trees, the colors, the sunset...the whole thing. It felt so gorgeous I just wanted to stand there with my arms stretched out at my sides and my head tilted back, letting it envelope me. Mm. Mm. Mm.

It was a sweet refreshment to a mostly melancholy and difficult day. A gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment