Thursday, January 7, 2010

Branch Decor

You've GOT to take a look at my friend, Nancy's, over-the-couch decor. Check out her blog at Down the Road and Back Again.


I'm in love! For as long as I can remember I've been bringing the outdoors indoors. Dried flowers, leaves, and...branches! I remember when I moved into my first apartment. I'd seen a basket I liked so I bought it and put it in the living room. I didn't have any plans for it, I just liked the basket. As time wore on, it began getting filled with branches I'd find along my way. If I see an interesting branch, you can be sure I'll pick it up and bring it home.

I even rescue "beautiful" logs out of the wood shed! Some of them are just too pretty to burn. I'll find something to do with them...someday.

But I never once thought of using a branch in the way Nancy has. What a brilliant idea to put a beautiful branch as such a central decoration! And I LOVE how she uses it to hang Christmas ornaments. The closest I came to this was one year I hung a few ornaments on some deer antlers we have. Kind of puny in comparison, but hey, I was on the right track!

Nancy, I love your branch! And your taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment