Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Little Ballerina

Recently I came across some childhood books of mine. I remember them so well.

This was one of my favorites.





The inside cover is my favorite drawing.



It's the story of little Carol whose legs were weak and she couldn't play with the other children.



(Pardon the rotated photo. Don't know why it does this now and then.)
Carol went to the doctor and he suggested ballet lessons to strengthen her legs.

"Ballet! Oh, Mother, may I?" Carol was thrilled.



Her lessons began. Her legs grew strong, and wouldn't you know it, she was chosen to be the star of the ballet. She got to dance around and awaken the sleeping flower dancers.




And dance with the boy.



Her parents were proud. She was their Little Ballerina!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Judi,
    I wish that I had anything left from my childhood, especially the books. This one is lovely. In her youth, Amanda was training to become a ballet dancer, and was set to go to the Royal Academy, but her father had other ideas unfortunately. Nice to hear from you, take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fue mi cuento favorito y lo es en recuerdo de que mi padre me lo trajo de regalo de America, pero me lo tiraron a la basura y siempre lo recuerdo con nostalgia, estoy intentando conseguir uno para tenerlo, leerlo, recoordar y escanearlo para hacerlo en miniatura para mi casita de muñecas y la de mi hija.
    Es precioso recordarlo..
    Un abrazo
    Maite

    ReplyDelete