Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I Love You Dad

My Dad has had a heart attack.  It was long in duration - because he didn't tell anyone for about 8 hours - but it caused little damage to his heart.  However, he is in "very critical" condition due to pneumonia and infection brought on by side effects of the heart attack.  Boy, I am so not ready for this.  There is a good probability that he won't make it.  I can't believe it...   Sudden severe illness is the worst.  You are left so unprepared, so startled.  Reeling.  Trying to take it all in and gain some equilibrium.  I am scared.  I am so sad.  I'm in shock.  And I am so not ready to lose him, too.

2 comments:

  1. Judi, I am so sorry to here this. We shall be praying for your father and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand sounds so lame. Here is a prayerpoem that makes me think of your Dad and I picture him so happy, so joyful and so content. This is how I will always picture him

    High Flight

    Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth
    And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;
    Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth
    Of sun-split clouds - and done a hundred things
    You have not dreamed of - wheeled and soared and swung
    High in the sunlit silence. Hov'ring there
    I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung
    My eager craft through footless halls of air.
    Up, up the long delirious, burning blue,
    I've topped the windswept heights with easy grace
    Where never lark, or even eagle flew -
    And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod
    The high untresspassed sanctity of space,
    Put out my hand and touched the face of God.

    my love to you and to your Dad

    ReplyDelete