Monday, May 3, 2010

A Blizzard on May 2nd

Yessirree, we had a blizzard yesterday!  Got about 3-4 inches of snow.

But the real excitement was the fact that I was driving home from a weekend trip out of town.  The snow started before I left the cabin in Mormon Lake.  It was coming down pretty good but by the time I reached Flagstaff I had some blue sky.  Whew!  ...I thought. 

I was blessed to stay about 30-40 minutes (it seemed) ahead of nasty weather which chased me all the way toward  home turf.  The storm stretched out another "finger" and as I headed south I found myself in a full on blizzard about an hour away from home.  Snow was blowing horizontally.  

A blizzard in May!!  This has been some winter....and it just doesn't seem to want to quit!

More later....

No comments:

Post a Comment