Saturday, March 14, 2009

More Scarves

Not feeling much like writing lately so I thought I'd toss some more scarves up on the blog.


I love the color combinations in this one below. I made it as a gift for my mom's special friend.


I made this next one for a friend who loves lots of wild colors. I changed my usual fuzzy stripe from down the center to a waving stripe that curves from one side to the other several times all the way through the scarf, stepping up the wild and funky look even more.

Another gift...not yet given:
I love all the colors in the yarn. On one hand, it's disappointing that they don't really show unless you look closely. On the other hand I also really like that art can have different layers of beauty, of creativity. In this case, the yarn itself is a piece of art and when you look more closely at it, it reveals another range of beauty different from the overall image.

No comments:

Post a Comment