Thursday, April 26, 2012

Alaska 2012

Thursday, April 26, 2012
Last day of work...for now. I've been granted a leave of absence so my husband and I don't have to be apart this summer while he works in Alaska. A friend of ours got me a job up there so I'll be working, too. Tonight I must finish packing, setting aside evacuation stuff (in case a forest fire threatens the house while we're gone so I can easily direct anyone available to get stuff out for us), and cleaning the house for the housesitter and for the friends and family coming up for a summer get-away in the gaps where our housesitter does some travelling of his own. Our friends, F & M, are driving up tonight to learn how to operate our off-grid house and then they will drive us to Phoenix tomorrow morning so we don't have to worry about leaving a vehicle at someone's house for five months.

No comments:

Post a Comment