Friday, April 27, 2012

Alaska 2012 - Friday, April 27, 2012
To bed at a decent hour last night for a change. Getting ready to leave for five months is quite a chore, especially with working up until the last minute. Only M. drove up last night. This morning she video taped the various instructions about the solar system, pumping water, changing out the filters, and whatnot. We made it down to Phx and dropped me off at my brother's house where I borrowed a car and went to a late lunch with two dear friends. Then I went to the hospital to see my brother at work. He dashed out of the busy E.R. for 10 minutes of hellos, catch-ups, and good-byes in the mild weather spell Phoenix was having (just for me, I'm certain). My last stop was to return the car and visit with my other brother's family. Turns out my niece was at a track meet out of town and my sister-in-law was out as well. I joined my nephew on the couch for a hockey game on TV while we waited for my brother to get home from work. I fell asleep. Exhausted after days of squeezing spare minutes out of nothing and staying up late into the night to get things accomplished. Visited with my brother for only a short while before he took me over to our friends' house where we slept the night and prepared to get up at 3:30 a.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment