Wednesday, November 13, 2013
Sparky's getting to be an old Dude but he still bounces around when it's time for Food for Dogs.
Sarah is obsessed with playing. She dodges pets and goes and gets her ball for you to throw. She's also obsessed with reflections and flashes of light. We play flashlight almost every night. When I took this picture it was about 6:30 a.m. and still rather dim inside the house. My camera has a pre-flash to enable focusing. Here she was looking for the mysterious flash reflecting against the fireplace that had just vanished.
Kahlua is the new family dog. She's my nephew's dog really but we all love her. She's a sweet Rottweiler mix whose growth was stunted by Parvo or something as a pup. She was a hand-me-down dog who passed among my nephew's friends whose landlords all said she was too big and had to go. She came to my brother's family and half-hearted attempts to find her a home resulted in the gradual falling in love with her that led the family to make it official and claim her as their own.
Dog Thanks...I love dogs. Love. Love. Love. And these guys all love getting loved. Well, except Sarah. She loves it but you have to chase her down and not let her go. She still tries to gently get away but she can't fool me. Her constantly wagging tail gives her away.
Kahlua always comes and steals loves from whoever is getting them. This morning I was bent over petting Sarah in front of me and suddenly Kahlua's head came from behind and between my knees, brazenly trying to steal Sarah's loves.
More Thanks About My Day
4. A short commute to work. First time in my life.
5. That my brother and his family are letting me (and randomly, us) stay with them during my new job transition in the big city.
6. My job writing at a ministry organization.
7. The chance to help someone understand who Jesus is
8. Being done with a huge project at work and getting reacquainted with my regular assignments
9. Gorgeous weather!
10. Working in a place where I can take a few minutes out to go to a prayer room and refocus.
11. Positive, Encouraging KLOVE radio not just on the internet but in my car, too!
12. New shoes:
13. A difficult conversation turning very good.
14. Really good progress on a huge personal ministry project
15. Fun watching The Voice with my sister-in-law
16. Receiving Facebook greetings from two friends in different parts of Ethiopia
17. That (-crazy-) I have friends in Ethiopia!
18. That I had three meals today, when most people in the world probably didn't
19. Reading the same book as my brother
20. My husband's love and commitment to me
21. Being greeted after work by five dogs: One, Two, Three, plus two visitors, all of them clamoring around me to get and give loves
22. Kitty coming out of hiding from Big Dog (she's still getting used to the new canine addition) and sitting on the back of the couch at my shoulder, purring
23. Appreciating my still new laptop
24. LifeStraws - an amazing personal water purification product for impoverished communities around the world, hikers and campers, and doomsday preppers...which we mildy are. A little. On a small scale.
25. Having a comfortable warm bed to sleep in at night
Thank you, Father God.